Alpha version 1.0.4
You can grab the new build here
- Influence thingy for better overview
- New buildings for forests and farms
- Rebalancing cost, cost increases and so on for units and buildings
- Bugfix: Game sometimes crashed upon annexation
- Bugfix: Trade goods would sometimes not properly be distributed
- Bugfix: Couldnt connect to hosted games
- Fixed a lot of small glitches
To give the player a better overview over which territories are actually relevant for him I decided to desaturate territory by influence. So territory owned by the player (or somebody in his dynasty) or somebody who he is at war with has full saturation.
Having diplomats, spies, trade agreements and so on makes a territory in a sense “more relevant” to the player and thus it gets more saturation.
CAVERN KINGS KICKSTARTER IS NOW LIVE!!!
Cavern Kings is an infinite action platformer designed to make every playthrough unique and interesting.
Inspired by action-packed games like Vlambeer’s “Super Crate Box” and the increasing difficulty aspects in “Risk of Rain”, Cavern Kings aims to explode with special effects in classical arcade fashion and create interesting synergies with its powerup system.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS:
We’ll be commissioning artists to be featured along us on the Official Artbook! We have a few names in mind, but if you or someone you know might be interested shoot us an e-mail (vine AT cavernkings DOT com) with a portfolio and we’ll get in touch!
Download the public beta and try it out here!
Super huge thanks to anyone who helps get the word out! We need all the reblogs we can get ;) <333
The walls already filled with reblogs of this but why not. Also, backed. Goal sounds reasonable enough. Good luck with your campain.
For everybody who doesnt trust random anon’s links and is wary of it being malware; here’s also a way to get the game from a trusted source (indieDB).
Sword & Scroll [Alpha 1.0.3]
A month late, but better now than never. This is the first _alpha_ release of Sword & Scroll for the public.
You can grab it here: www.swordscroll.com
It is still unstable, but features the core game mechanics and also (unstable) multiplayer. The mobile version is available here
or grab it via qrcode
If you have any problems, feeback or feature requests just file out a ticket at my bugtracker
These are the milestones I intend to tackle in the upcoming versions:
- Stability. This is my current core focus. The aim is to get rid of crashes and also possible networking problems due to client<->server not being synchronized.
- Intuitivity. The player should be aware what he’s doing, as whom he is playing and what’s going on. I haven’t done much yet for this department despite this being really important. Also the UI needs to be as informative and user-friendly as possible. Many grand-strategy games fail this part, imo.
- Basic balancing. Currently game values for income, build costs, production times are just things I took randomly. These badly chosen values lead to gameplay deficits which I intend to get rid of.
Art and game content will be focus in future generation. Tho, in regards to art I am currently considering to search for an artist to team up with since my art skills are kind of limited and at the same time there are many technical things requiring my attention, pushing art improvements far, far down into my TODO-list. I will probably write a more detailed post about this at a later time.
University has finally calmed down a bit (I still have exams, but the hellish ones are over) and my schedule has regained enough normalcy that I can dev again without sacrificing my sleep for several days in a row (I tried to keep it up in june despite university requiring my time and it kinda started to hit my health, dont do this guys, seriously. Better a nodev than a deaddev).
Anyway, currently working on an intermediate server that can spawn new hosted games depending on the number of players and also provides a listing of the spawned games. So you only need to connect via IP for games hosted by friends or something. Eventually LAN games will also be listed here, I guess.
Working on UI improvements and debugging stuff. Adding tooltips to everything so that the player precisely actually knows what his actions do/what requirements they have.
Spent more time on debugging and fixing multiplayer issues. I want players to be able to join/leave/rejoin a game however they want. This is still being a bit problematic.
Also figured out how to use Ant and made my build scripts (the game is written in java, but the OpenGL binding libraries are platform dependent).
I may consider releasing some sort of prealpha demo in the near future to make some more extensive multiplayer tests.
Multiplayer mostly works now. Currently working on improving stability and doing some work on the selection menu.